Site announcements

WEDNESDAY - 17 MARCH 2021 - DAY 4 (BLUE)

WEDNESDAY - 17 MARCH 2021 - DAY 4 (BLUE)

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 0

RHS ESSENTIAL

Before we can truly have a win-win attitude, we need to have mastered the first three habits (Be Proactive; Begin with the End in Mind & Put First Things First), known collectively as the “Private Victory.”  If we’re insecure and feel threatened by other people’s success, it will be hard for us to ever feel happiness for someone else or share recognition and praise.
We need to remember two things. First, competition can be healthy. It drives us to improve, to reach and stretch. Without it, we might never know how far we can push ourselves. Competition becomes dark when you tie your self-worth to winning or use it to place yourself above others. Second, comparing ourselves to others is always a bad idea. We’re all on different levels—socially, emotionally, physically. 

The benefit of thinking win-win is that it creates a foundation for getting along with others. It begins with the belief that we are all equal, that no one is inferior or superior to anyone else.  Most of us can remember being in a win-lose situation where someone else got the glory and although we did our best, we didn’t get recognised for it with an award or praise. There may be a time where we know we can’t handle a situation and have a lose-lose attitude, which means that if I’m going down, I’m taking you with me.  Or knowing that we never seem to be the best at something, we may feel we’re definitely the loser so we allow others to go ahead and walk all over us. Today, you must be confident to know that you can win and that when others win, then you can applaud them without malice. Think win-win! 

Today's birthdays

Mtshali Khumalo (Grade 8) 

Kgalalelo Mokobane (Grade 8)

REMEMBER: Complete the COVID-19 Medical Questionnaire on Moodle. This must be done daily.

Lounge 10/11 SpecialHot Dog R10

Attachment win-win.png