Site announcements

TUESDAY - 01 AUGUST 2023 DAY 4

TUESDAY - 01 AUGUST 2023 DAY 4

by Mr V DLAMINI -
Number of replies: 0

RHS ESSENTIAL 

How to train yourself to have an optimistic mindset

The mind functions as a reservoir, and we must learn how to supply this reservoir. Optimism is an attributive style; essentially, a way we attribute meaning to daily events.
When evaluating a fact of life, pessimistic individuals and optimistic individuals will have opposite perspectives from each other.

For a Positive Fact: “I got a better mark for my English test!”
Optimistic Profile: Everything always works out for me.
Pessimist Profile: My parents will expect me to work harder now.
For a negative fact: “I lost my device.”
Optimistic Profile: I never lose anything, someone probably found it and will return it to me.
Pessimist Profile: I always lose everything; I am so distracted!
If you find yourself identifying with the pessimist profile, don’t be discouraged. With mental strength and daily training, you will be able to create good in any situation.
Starting with your speech, eliminate negative phrases such as “I can’t”, “I always give up”, or “I am stupid”. For example, you may have found yourself saying, “I am lazy.” A better way to frame this in your mind is “Today I did not accomplish as much as I wanted to. I will make a list for tomorrow so I can complete all of my tasks!”  Additionally, try to avoid complaining at all costs. If you are struggling with a subject, try to view the experience as a positive challenge rather than a negative situation. This will allow you to remain in good spirits and help you focus on the subject content in the most productive way possible.

Today's Birthdays:

Obakeng Gaeje (Grade 9)
Bontle Ikalefeng (Grade 8)
Ntshovelo Khoza (Grade 9)
Tumelo Lusie (Grade 11)
Tlangelane Makhubele (Grade 10)
Baanetse Malekane (Grade 11)
Onkarabile Morakile (Grade 8)
Boikanyo Moutlwatse (Grade 8)
Asisipho Mpurwana (Grade 10)
Thato Sello (Grade 9)
history

1985Treason Trial of 16 UDF members resumes

1960: The Republic of Niger gained its independence from France.

1958: The U.S. atomic submarine Nautilus passed beneath the thick ice cap of the North Pole, an unprecedented feat.

1954The Natives Resettlement Act, Act No 19 of 1954 is passed

1936Adolf Hitler opens the 11th Olympic Games in Berlin

1492: Hoping to find a westward route to India, Christopher Columbus on this day in 1492 set sail on his first transatlantic voyage, departing from Palos, Spain, with three small ships—the Niña, Pinta, and Santa María.

news

US diplomat heads to SA ahead of Brics summit amid Russia concerns

Acting deputy secretary of state Victoria Nuland arrives in SA this week for meetings with senior SA government officials

Senior US officials, including acting deputy secretary of state Victoria Nuland, will this week meet SA government officials in meetings likely to discuss Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, global food security and energy issues. 
Nuland’s visit to three African countries — SA, Ivory Coast and the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) — comes as the government is trying to patch up strained ties with the US that have been soured by its closeness to Russia.