Site announcements

TUESDAY - 2 AUGUST 2022 - DAY 4

TUESDAY - 2 AUGUST 2022 - DAY 4

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 0

RHS ESSENTIAL 

How to train yourself to have an optimistic mindset

The mind functions as a reservoir, and we must learn how to supply this reservoir. Optimism is an attributive style; essentially, a way we attribute meaning to daily events.
When evaluating a fact of life, pessimistic individuals and optimistic individuals will have opposite perspectives from each other.

For a Positive Fact: “I got a better mark for my English test!”
Optimistic Profile: Everything always works out for me.
Pessimist Profile: My parents will expect me to work harder now.
For a negative fact: “I lost my device.”
Optimistic Profile: I never lose anything, someone probably found it and will return it to me.
Pessimist Profile: I always lose everything; I am so distracted!
If you find yourself identifying with the pessimist profile, don’t be discouraged. With mental strength and daily training, you will be able to create good in any situation.
Starting with your speech, eliminate negative phrases such as “I can’t”, “I always give up”, or “I am stupid”. For example, you may have found yourself saying, “I am lazy.” A better way to frame this in your mind is “Today I did not accomplish as much as I wanted to. I will make a list for tomorrow so I can complete all of my tasks!”  Additionally, try to avoid complaining at all costs. If you are struggling with a subject, try to view the experience as a positive challenge rather than a negative situation. This will allow you to remain in good spirits and help you focus on the subject content in the most productive way possible.

https://foundationoficf.org/how-to-become-more-optimistic/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwuaiXBhCCARIsAKZLt3nOsui6FFiOzj_vVj6lb5B9p2QIufCyQ2ni_bEUzZYhLfNTztKbbcMaAomzEALw_wcB

TODAY'S BIRTHDAYS:
Kgomotso Kgarudi (Grade 12)
Shameela Kroet (Grade 11)
Khavisa(Blessing) Maswanganyi (Grade 12)
Kgothatso Ngakane (Grade 12)
Masego Ramerafe (Grade 11)
Caylin Treasurer (Grade 10)

SAASTA DEBATERS TO MEET WITH MR FISHER DURING BREAK

history

1990Iraq invaded Kuwait on this day in 1990, and Saddam Hussein's subsequent refusal to withdraw his troops sparked the Persian Gulf War, in which an international force led by the United States quickly defeated Iraq.

1976UWC students convene a meeting to express solidarity with the students of Soweto and decide to embark on a boycott of classes

1963The UN is informed by the United States that it will suspend sale of arms to South Africa.

p